1. INFORMATION I MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
I may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on my site [thehiddenwoman.com] (my site). This includes information provided at the “contact us” page of the site. I may also ask you for information when you report a problem with my site.
- If you contact me, I may keep a record of that correspondence.
- I may also ask you to complete surveys that I use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to my site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access.
2. IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
I may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to my potential or current advertisers. This is statistical data about my users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, I may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help me to improve my site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable me:
To estimate my audience size and usage pattern.
To store information about your preferences, and so allow me to customise my site according to your individual interests.
To administer this website.
To recognise you when you return to my site.
3. WHERE I STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although I will do my best to protect your personal data, I cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to my site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once I have received your information, I will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
4. USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
I use information held about you in the following ways:
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from me or which I feel may be of interest to you, when you have consented to being contacted for such purposes.
- To ensure that content from my site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To notify you about changes to my service.
I may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and I or they may contact you about these by post, telephone or email.
If you do not want me to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which I collect your data (on the “contact us” page).
I do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to my advertisers, but I may provide them with aggregate information about my users (for example, I may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). I may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). I may make use of the personal data I have collected from you to enable me to comply with my advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
5. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
I may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that I sell or buy any business or assets, in which case I may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
6. YOUR RIGHTS
You have the right to ask me not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. I will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if I intend to use your data for such purposes or if I intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms I use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting me at email@example.com.
My site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of my advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that I do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
7. ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet my costs in providing you with details of the information I hold about you.